Wednesday, July 29, 2015

June Craft Club { DIY Crates }

 
Hello friends!  What a crazy summer we are having out here in Oregon.  Busy days and hot weather oh my!
 
Today I am sharing a quick post about my June Craft Club.
 
 
 
I came up with design using some wood that I had on hand, but you could do this using large paint stir sticks if you wanted to.  I used 1x6 for the end pieces and ran the slats around all three sides.
 
 
Guests were able to make two crates and had the option to paint or stain them, I personally loved every finish!
 
 
For one of my samples I added a little bit of chalkboard paint and some small pots to create an indoor herb garden.
 
 
I ended up adding some leftover handles from a previous craft club on my herb garden for my kitchen. 
 
 
I created a simple stained one as well and staged it to hold some fun file folders.  On the day of the event, it held all of the sanding blocks, which is now their new home!  I love how things work out the way they do.
 
 
 
 
On another sample I used some mason jars and created a flower arrangement, of course using my favorite peonies.  I wish this would have lasted forever because it looked amazing on my mantle.
 
 
 
 
 
This month as guests arrived, they were greeted with my newest chalkboard that now sits on the porch.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once inside, guests noticed another chalkboard on the supply table... surprise, it's July's craft club sneak peek.  I can't tell you how giddy I am about this one!  These chalkboards are amazing, and to useful!
 
 
 
I also purchased a new toy just for this months craft club.  Brand new Ryobi One Air Strike stapler.  This is my new favorite in the workshop for sure!
 
 
These ladies dove right in and started working on their projects.  Did I mention that it was 100 degrees outside that day?  Yowsa!  Luckily I have an amazing A/C that kept it at 74 inside!
 
 
 
Look at all these colors and all these crates those ladies were working on.
 
 
 
 
And of course, craft club is never complete without finished product pictures, enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That is all for now friends!  Please be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Facebook, and head over here to see where I like to party each week!
 
I hope you have a fantastic DIY day!


Photobucket

8 comments:

An Oasis in the Desert said...

How fun....perfect activity for the hot weather! We were just in Oregon two weeks ago, and there were (and still are) days when OR was neck-and-neck with AZ heat. Your temps did get cooler in the evenings.

Jane and Sonja said...

What a fun way to spend an afternoon! The crates look great- we are going to have to make some now!
Stopping by from Show and Tell Link Party.

Alayna's Creations said...

How fun is that?! I used to do craft days with friends in my old neighborhood and it was a blast. Your projects looks like perfect ones for that purpose - easy to assemble and easy to customize. I bet they were a huge hit.

I am co-hosting the #HomeMattersParty link party this month and would love to have you stop by for a visit. The door is open through Monday http://alaynascreations.co/2015/08/07/home-matters-linky-party-49/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, your crates are so cute. I especially love the herb garden with the handles - such a good idea! I would love to host a craft party like that, it looks like such a fun time!

Sarena @ Teal Inspiration said...

This looks like so much fun and the crates are adorable. Thanks for linking up with us at the #HomeMattersParty and I hope you'll join us again!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

What a fun idea and you guests look thrilled with their beautiful creations. Featuring when my link party opens tonight!

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

Jenn, this is so cute and a craft club must be so much fun!
I would love for you to stop by on Mondays and share at our Something to Talk About link party!
Karen

percetakanvano said...

Select all images of bodies of water such as lakes or oceans.

Post a Comment

Living life, one thrifty adventure at a time!